There are many ways you can help.
State employees, remember that you can designate Piedmont CASA to receive your donation through the United Way's Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC). Piedmont CASA's CVC Code is 200129.
A Living Legacy
- Bequests: Gifts by Will or Estate Plan
- Life Insurance Policies: Leverage cash donations by using your life insurance. You can gift a policy outright or name Piedmont CASA as beneficiary.
- Individual Retirement Accounts: If you are over the age of 70½ and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), then a gift from your account may provide the most significant tax savings of any charitable contribution. You can distribute up to $100,000 each year to your favorite charity without counting the distribution as income. At the age of 72 you must start to take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA. A Qualified Charitable Contribution (QCD, also called IRA Charitable Rollovers) will count towards that RMD.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting Piedmont CASA without giving up the assets that you would like your family to receive someday. A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to Piedmont CASA and is more attractive when interest rates are low.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to Piedmont CASA go up as well.
- Gift of a Retained Life Estate: A gift plan defined by federal tax law that allows you to donate your home or farm to a charity while retaining your right to live in it for the rest of your life.
- An outright gift: When you make a gift of real estate that you have owned longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's full fair market value. This eliminates capital gains tax.
- A gift in your will or living trust: A gift of real estate through your will or living trust allows you the flexibility to change your mind and the potential to support our work with a larger gift than you could during your lifetime.
We thank our many supporters for their generous gifts to Piedmont CASA. If an error or omission has occurred, we express our sincere regret and ask that it be brought to our attention. Please contact us at (434) 971-7515